Pizza dough from the bakery section of your grocery store can often come to the rescue to combat weeknight dinner woes. To make it easier to handle, let the dough rest at room temperature to allow the gluten to relax: this will make it easier to shape.
- Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. deli pizza dough
- 1½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced baby portobella mushrooms
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 MOINK flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 550°F (or 500°F, if that’s the highest temperature setting on your oven). Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Roll out or stretch the dough into a 10- to 12-inch round onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese and top with the mushrooms and onion. Bake, on the bottom rack of the oven, 15 to 17 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove the steak from the skillet and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Top with crumbled blue cheese, arugula, and steak slices and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut into slices to serve.
Ready to join the Moink Moovement and help us fight for the family farm?