Asparagus bundles tied together with candied bacon….it doesn’t get yummier than that!
These are best made just before serving.
- Makes 1 dozen
- Active time 20 minutes
- Total time 40 minutes
- 1 package MOINK bacon (about 12 slices)
- 2 bunches thick asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon, in 2 batches, just until it begins to brown. Remove to paper towels to cool slightly.
- Divide the asparagus into bundles of 3 asparagus each. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap 1 slice of partially cooked bacon around each asparagus bundle and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Stir together the maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Brush half of the mixture onto the bacon. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the asparagus bundles. Brush with the remaining maple syrup mixture and bake another 10 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crisp.